There is a really good reason why some painters offer really cheap prices.
To protect yourself and your family, make sure before you hire any painting contractor that they can answer, "YES!" to all 19 Questions...
Reputation and Stability:
1. Do they have 60+ 5 star online reviews across multiple platforms including Google and Yelp?
2. Are they members of the PCA (Painting Contractors Association) and their local Chamber of Commerce?
3. Do they maintain at least $2 Million of Liability Insurance and can their agent send the certificate directly, so that your home is covered in the event of an accident causing damage to your property?
4. Do they have Workers Comp Insurance, so that you don’t lose everything you own if a painter gets injured? (This happens more than you might realize in the trade.)
5. Are the painters they are going to send to paint your house ACTUAL employees of the company? (If not and they use sub-contractors, do their subcontractors have valid Workers Comp Insurance?)
6. Are their employees drug tested and have their backgrounds checked upon hiring?
7. Do they maintain accounts with local suppliers and do they have letters of good standing?
8. Are they an active member of any local organizations, such as Rotary?
Experience and Service:
9. Do they offer a warranty and, if so, how long is it?
10. Do they offer touch ups for the life of the warranty?
11. Are they reachable and return calls or emails the same business day?
12. Do they have a company policy to return calls within 3 hours during normal working hours?
13. Does their quote/estimate completely spell out the process of the scope of work and what’s included/excluded?
14. Do they provide an approximate start date and completion date for your project?
15. Do their crews follow written work orders that are a direct translation to the quote you received, so there is no gray area?
16. Do they accept Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express, Zelle, Check or Cash for ease of payment?
Follow Up and Follow Through:
17. Do they provide a written quote with a price guarantee for the work specified?
18. Do they provide a walk through with the crew lead upon completion of the job?
19. Do they provide you with a warranty on all material and labor?
S. Peek Painting Proudly Answers YES To All 19 Questions and will provide both Liability Insurance and Workman Compensation Insurance Certificates, helping you to sleep soundly at night-- knowing that if your home is damaged or, worse, if somebody is injured, you are protected.